It is important to choose the right agent when you are proceeding for selling or buying a property. Therefore, you must learn ways to differentiate between good and bad agents from experts. First of all, it is important to remember that an agent works for you. So, you have the ultimate choice of deciding whether to close a deal or not. The most significant factor is that you never feel pressured to take something you do not approve of.
How Many Agents would you like to choose
The first thing you have to decide is how many agents would you like to choose. While opting for a multiple agency agreement, then you may keep your property with any agent of your choice. You do not need to choose between the agents. When you go to solo agent, then it is imperative that you select wisely.
Choosing The Right Agent
Initially, you must shortlist the appropriate agents in your region. Furthermore, things get easier if you cut the options to three. Read on further to know how you can make the list shorter. And invite the agents listed in this way to do a valuation of your property.
Word Of Mouth
Believe it or not, word of mouth recommendations are still the most reliable ones. Ask around to your friends, nearby and kiths and kins living in the area to know about the reputable estate agents.
Criterion To Evaluate
- Certain facts associated with the Chelmsford estate agents assist you to judge the quality of their services. Identify what rate they sell the property, how close they arrive in their goals for the selling price and how efficiently and fast they do it in general.
- The agent you select must have experience in selling property similar to yours. To check this, go to their website and see the listed properties and sold ones.
- Also, review ratings and reviews by their earlier clients and ensure they are well rated and highly reviewed.
- Take a look at the pictures of the properties the agents are selling on multiple listing sites and their website. Do you check pictures well shot and whether the descriptions are relevant and clear?
- Remember, you do not have to hanker around the agent you purchase a house from, especially if you are not satisfied with their work. There is always a better choice to make and a good agent to choose form. However, if they did a good job, you can certainly consider them again.
- Check the viewing policy and whether they would accompany the prospective buyers.
Alongside this, be clear about the standard terms and conditions, especially the standard commission rate and time period of the agent.