Indian Railways has one of the biggest railway networks in the world. it has twenty-six varied types of passenger service trains. These are such as Rajdhani Express, Shatabdi Express, semi high speed Gatimaan Express train and the Duronto Express. Talking about Vivek Express, it is presently the longest train route in the realm of Indian Subcontinent and Thiruvananthapuram Rajdhani Express runs the longest nonstop route between Kota Junction to Vadodara Junction.
There are many things that you might not know about Indian railways so far. These days you can do many things in Indian railways if you now about them. The features, facilities and different options of Indian railway make it really unique and worthy. Have a look at some facts blow:
- Foremost train on Indian Territory ran between places named Bombay and Thane on April 16th in year 1853.
- Indian Railways is the hugest rail network in Asia and 2nd largest in the world.
- The spectacular Indian Railways transports approximately 2.5 crore passengers every single day.
- The Indian Railways is one of the largest proprietors in the world. It has more than one point four million people.
- Venkatanarasimharajuvaripeta railway station has the longest name among all the railway stations on the Indian Railway system.
- The New Delhi Railway Station has a spot in Guinness Book of Records. It relishes this entitlement because it has the world’s most main Route Relay Interlocking System.
- Bhopal Shatabdi Express is the speediest train in the nation. The train runs between New Delhi and Bhopal Junction.
- The Mughalsarai Junction railway station owns the vastest railway marshalling yard in Asia.
- You can now get Train Food Delivery in train. You just have to place the order online and you would get the delivery on the next station.
- Howrah is the busiest railway station in the country. It consumes a train presence of 974.
- It could catch your interest that the Gorakhpur Junction railway station has the longest railway platform in the world that has a length of 1,366.33 m.
- Konkan Railway Train Route is the most stylish and modish train route of Indian Railways.
- Rajdhani Express trains enjoy the highest priority in the Indian railway network.
- The extravagant Fairy Queen between New Delhi and Alwar in Rajasthan is the most ancient working steam engine in world.
- Trivandrum NizamuddinRajdhani Express includes a long distance of five hundred twenty-eightkm that too in the absence of a single stop. It is a non-stop train.
- ChhatrapatiShivaji Terminus is considered to be the most outstanding train station in India.
- Ghum Railway station of Darjeeling Himalayan Railway is the most top railway station in the country
Thus, do you think you knew all these things about Indian Railways? Come on, the next time you travel in a train, make sure that you feel proud. After all, Indian railways keeps all the regions of the country connected and passengers can travel within their budget.